Author: tgg_admin

Space Jahannam WIP 2: More mods and details

Space Jahannam WIP 2: More mods and details Weapon Mods I did not like the beam rifle the kit comes with. It just  looks to weird in hand without a trigger finger hand and it does not sit on arm too well. Ended up chopping the back end of the rifle and reshaping the handle with styrene and putty.     The wrists looked too skinny to me compared with the rest of the arm so I added a wrist gun and grappling cable to them. Started off the wrist gun by cutting a piece of runner that...

Read More

Completed Build 1 + Tear Apart: HG Purple Frame Unicorn

Completed Build 1 + Tear Apart: HG Purple Frame Unicorn Base Kit: HG Unicorn Destroy Mode Mods: None, just paint   First kit I attempted anything with other than snap fitting. Everything was hand painted except the white armor parts.   Tear Apart Now for the fun part. Ripping it to shreds. I’m still relatively new to the hobby and only recently started painting and modding kits. As with a lot of other things, it’s good practice to look back at your old work and criticize it. This let’s you figure out what you could’ve done better and...

Read More

Mistake Roundup #1

Mistake Roundup #1 I’m pretty new to customizing kits so I still make a lot of mistakes. Here are a few that I have made so you can learn from them. Soft Plastic + Putty + a Ziplock bag = a Rubbery Mess This happened while I was trying to fill in the holes on the backs of the Space Jahannam hands. They are made of the soft plastic that Bandai uses in newer HGs, usually the frame/weapon grey pieces. Normally, using putty to fill in holes usually works great. Don’t do what I did and toss the...

Read More

Space Jahannam WIP 1: Proportion Changes and LED Mod

Space Jahannam WIP 1: Proportion Changes and LED Mod I originally got this kit dirt cheap and had it boxed up somewhere after I snapped it together. Decided that it was finally time I did something to it. LED Mod Emptied out the chest cavity as much as I could. Also added some styrene to the hole for the neck polycap to give it a slightly longer neck. Wired up the red LED with 24 gauge magnet copper wire, added a resistor and soldered magnets to the end of the wires for the battery. Used a CR927 battery...

Read More