For the upcoming Southern California Gundam Model Competition in November, there will be vendors selling gunpla as well as gunpla related resin conversion kits. Robot4Less and TatsuHobby will be vendors at SCGMC, so all your plastic AND resin gunpla needs will be met. Additionally, there will be tools, paints, and various aftermarket items for sale at this event as well.
For our friends in Northern California, TatsuHobby is also holding a contest as part of their 2 year anniversary celebration:
Tatsu Hobby Anniversary Event #3 Northern CA Gunpla Competition!
Our last event for this anniversary is the Northern California Gunpla Competition!
We made this event mainly to express our gratitude towards our local customers and to show the builds of Gundam fans of the Northern California area.
In addition, we made this event in conjunction to the Southern California Gundam Model Competition that will be held on November 12, 2011 as the winner of the contest WILL be traveling with us to the SCGMC event to show that we at Northern California can build proper Gundam model too!
This event will start on July 18, 2011 and will close on August 31, 2011
To join this event, simply send us the pictures of your best model kit build to our email [email protected]
A couple of rules to observe when you’re sending your entries:
– Please send us a new work of yours that has not joined any competition before to maintain the “freshness” of this competition. If any entry is found to violate this rule, the entry will be immediately disqualified.
– Open only to Northern California customers with Northern California address as defined by this Wikipedia county chart.
– Please limit the size of the picture to 1 Megabyte (1Mb) each to conserve our email space. There is no limit on number of pictures you can send us though
– Any model kits & garage kits, as long as they’re from the Gundam series are welcome. Modded kits are welcome as well!
Your model kit will be judged based on the Gunpla Builders’ World Cup judgement criteria as following:
Painting (0-100 points): Quality and execution of the painting, including detail, of the entry.
Technical (0-100 points): Includes build, finish and excellence of any modifications.
Creativity (0-100 points): Aesthetics of the entry, including concept, posing, unique painting scheme and presentation, including diorama.
As you can see, it will not be judged by the quality of pictures you’ve taken, so photo editing will not count in this contest.
Winners will be announced on our facebook page and will be contacted through email as well.
On the judges table, we will be joined with Mr Gamerabaenre, the owner of http://gamerabaenre.com/, a great Gundam modeler whom we’re sure you’re already familiar with to ensure the judging quality.
As for the prizes of this competition:
– Grand Prize: MG Char’s Zaku 2.0 Clear ver San Diego Comic Con exclusive + paid trip and hotel stay for you and your model kit at Holiday Inn Fullerton, CA on November 12, 2011 to attend the Southern California Gundam Model Competition 2011
– 1st Place: MG Zaku II 2.0 Clear ver San Diego Comic Con exclusive
– 2nd Place: HG00 Exia Repair 2 and O Gundam Clear Twin Pack San Diego Comic Con exclusive
– 3rd Place: HGUC Unicorn Gundam Pearl Coating ver San Diego Comic Con exclusive
*Please note that there will be no cash substitution for these prizes*
So what are you waiting for? Show your Northern California pride and win this contest!
So make sure you all mark your calendars for November 12th and please help make the first Southern California Model Competition a success!